- With regard to the Supreme Court Judgment and guidelines issued in 1997 to provide for the effective enforcement of the basic human right of gender equality and guarantee against sexual harassment and abuse, more particularly against sexual harassment at work places, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued circulars since 1998, to all the universities, advising them to establish a permanent cell and a committee and to develop guidelines to combat sexual harassment, violence against women and ragging at the universities and colleges. It has further advised the universities to be proactive by developing a conducive atmosphere on the campus, where the status of woman is respected and they are treated with. Keeping the above guidelines in view KLE Society’s College of Pharmacy, Gadag has constituted a Committee against Sexual Harassment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To examine all grievance letters received from the women staff / students regarding the sexual harassment.
- To examine and investigate on each complaint received from the women staff / students by collecting the required information / data from connected people.
- To give feedback to the women staff / students concerned / to find solution for their grievances.
- The committee will record such grievances received from the women staff / students, in a separate register maintained exclusively for this purpose. The reply given by the committee to the women staff / students for grievance should also be recorded in the register.
- The Committee should find suitable solutions to settle the problems faced by the women staff / students in regard to matters relating to sexual harassment within 10 days’ after thorough investigation.
The following faculty members are nominated as the committee for Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) and a Special Cell:
|Gender Sensitization Cell officer||Miss. Sushma . M||7406668246|
|Member||Smt. Vidya S. Hiremath||7975361925|
|Member||Smt. Jyothi. Adnur||9916522048|